1. I runfess that this has been a really odd Fall - we still have temperatures in the 80's here in Nashville. It's also been incredibly dry. That means that the normally extraordinary gorgeous Fall we typically get here in Tennessee, has not really materialized. Some trees are beautiful, but so many are just dropping their leaves. And I'm disappointed! It's doesn't FEEL like Fall and definitely doesn't FEEL like Halloween.
2. I runfess that the changing season has messed with my sleep. I find myself staying up later than I should and the dark mornings have completely turned me into a zombie. If you've ever watched zombie movies or TV shows, they don't really run, they stumble around. For those of us who try to be morning runners (even if it's not our natural inclination), stumbling around is a bad way to go about it!
3. I runfess that I've only really done one Halloween race ... and I didn't even do it in costume. It was during the "Twilight" craze though and a friend and I ran in shirts that said "I run with vampires." A ton of runners really love Halloween races and dressing up - does this make me a not fun runner?
4. I runfess that even in the final weeks and days before the New York City Marathon (ah! scary!), I have over-indulged in the Halloween candy that has placed itself all over the office. My favorites that have been tormenting me? York Peppermint Patties, M&Ms, and Midnight Milky Ways.
5. I runfess that I am going to be really relieved when I'm done with marathon training. This isn't my first round of marathon training, but this one has been really difficult, more of a burden. It might have been the crazy hot and humid summer, but I'll be thrilled to get back to more "normal" mileage.
I'm linking up with some of my fav bloggers who are hosting this week. Give them a visit! Thanks to Marcia's Healthy Slice, Fairytales and Fitness, and Running On Happy.
Do you love Halloween?
What's your favorite Halloween candy?