Here we are at the last Friday of the month again and time for Runfessions! I'll be linking up with some of my favorite bloggers for this one (check them out) Marcia, Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar. I have to say that this may have been the fastest month in the calendar so far - wasn't it August yesterday? However, without further ado, here are my 5 Runfessions for this month.
1. I am completely off of my marathon training plan, which gives me anxiety. I started with a plan that was too hard, I modified it, and I'm still off of it. I really don't think marathons are for me, but I'm now getting into "just survive" mode.
2. I have not run outside nearly enough. I'm not sure about where you live, but here in Nashville, it sure doesn't feel like Fall. We're just now getting out of the 90s. While leads me to ...
3. I runfess that I am a fickle runner. I complained all summer about it being too hot and humid, and now the minute we see temps in the 70s, I get sad about it being cold. Who am I? Goldi-run-locks?
4. Despite #1, I actually considered two insane things this month: running the Walt Disney World Marathon AND running the Dopey Challenge (because if you're there, why not run all the races). This is because they released the medal designs, which are AWESOME. I may have a problem.
5. I was doing an okay job of throwing in a little strength work for a while, but I've gotten off that plan as well. Strength and stability are so important to us as runners and I am doing my body no favors by neglecting it.
So there you have it - a rough go for me this month! October has to be a "getting it together" month!
What do you have to Runfess?
Did September go by as fast for you as it did for me?