1. Make sure you have an Active account (all registrations for runDisney events go through Active) - save yourself a step and get this ready in advance.
2. Block your calendar (give yourself a time buffer before and after registration).
3. Be ready the minute registration opens (there will be social media links and of course links on the runDisney site) - current trends are that the 10k races have been selling out first.
4. If you're running in a group, have everyone register themselves separately because runDisney will only let you register one person at a time.
5. RunDisney races require proof of time for corral placement. Either have this information ready (including link to the race results) or plan to enter it later - it's not required to complete your registration.
6. If you don't get in, don't panic. There are travel agencies and a TON of great charities through which you can get entries. I'm a charity runner for a fantastic charity (future post topic).